Beetroot soup - borscht - Starters Mains Vegetarian - Morrisons Recipe
Enjoy this eastern European-style classic
- 1 tbsptbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and sliced
- 300g g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 600g g fresh beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- 1 tbsptbsp fresh dill, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve
- 100mlml soured cream
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion, celery, potatoes and beetroot for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Blend in a liquidiser until smooth, then return to a clean pan and warm through. Stir in the dill and season to taste.
- Serve the soup with a dollop of soured cream and a sprig of dill to garnish (optional).
of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA)