Brussels sprouts with bacon and chestnuts - SideDishes Meat - Morrisons Recipe
Give your sprouts a tasty seasonal makeover.
- 1 kgkg Brussels sprouts
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon
- 240g g can of chestnuts
- Grated rind of 1 orange
- Cook chestnuts according to the instructions on the can, if needed.
- Trim the ends of the sprouts and discard any tough outer leaves.
- Place sprouts in a pan of boiling salted water and boil for 6-8 minutes or until just soft. Drain.
- Meanwhile, snip the bacon into small pieces and dry-fry in a pan until crisp.
- Roughly chop the cooked chestnuts and add to the cooked sprouts and pieces of bacon.
- Toss well together and add the orange rind and a twist of black pepper.