- Place the biscuits in a polythene bag and using the flat end of a rolling pin, hammer gently until you have small crumbs (you can do this in a food processor, if you prefer).
- Melt the spread in a pan and stir in the biscuit crumbs, mix well until evenly coated then press into the base and up the sides of a 25cm loose-bottomed round flan tin. Chill for at least 1 hour until frm.
- In a small non-stick pan gently heat the custard with the sugar and just over half the pack of toffees, until the toffees have melted. Don’t leave the pan unattended and stir frequently. Beat in the soft cheese. Spoon into the prepared fan tin and chill for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, genltly melt the remaining toffees with the milk in a small pan, stirring constantly until you have a smooth sauce.
- Peel and slice the bananas and arrange over the top of the fan, drizzle with the melted toffee sauce and serve cut into wedges.
This is a lovely, easy way to use up ripe bananas. You can also use them to make great smoothies, just add milk and honey and blend for a few seconds, or simply pour custard over the top of some sliced bananas for a super speedy pud that the kids will love!