Cheese and ham bake - Mains - Morrisons Recipe
After a warm a comforting dish? This cheesy and delicious recipe is really easy to whip up and can be made from just a few key ingredients and cupboard essentials.
- 700g g potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsptbsp sunflower oil
- 150g g mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 150g g lean ham, diced
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 30g g sunflower spread
- 30g g plain flour
- 450mlml semi-skimmed milk
- 150g g cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potato slices for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until just softened. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes, cooked mushrooms, ham and spring onions in an ovenproof dish.
- Melt the spread in a pan and stir in the flour. Gradually add the milk and cook, stirring, until you have a smooth, thickened sauce.
- Stir in two-thirds of the grated cheese until it melts, then pour the cheese sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake for 35-40 minutes until piping hot and the top is golden and bubbling.
of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA)