- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes and using a teaspoon scoop out the middle, leaving you with a hollow tomato shell.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft, toss in the mixed herbs and rice and cook, stirring for a further 5 minutes until the rice is hot. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese.
- Pack the mixture into the hollowed out tomatoes and lift onto a baking sheet, cover the tops loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes*.
- If desired, garnish with finely sliced spring onions.
* When reheating rice, make sure it's totally heated through before serving.