Fruity sausage plait - Mains - Morrisons Recipe
This festive combination of cranberry, apple and sausage makes a flavoursome change to the classic. Your family will love tucking into this tasty snack this winter.
- 350g g puff pastry
- 454g g sausage meat
- 3 tbsptbsp cranberry sauce
- 1 small cooking apple, peeled and grated
- 1 tsptsp dried sage
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle measuring 20 x 30cm. Place the sausage meat in a mixing bowl with the cranberry sauce, grated apple and sage. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Form the sausage meat into a rectangular pattie just slightly smaller than half the size of the pastry and lift into the centre of the pastry.
- Cut slits into the pastry, 1.5cm apart, either side of the sausage meat at a slight diagonal angle. Fold the top end of the pastry over then alternately cross the cut pastry over, slightly
overlapping, to form a plait effect and to cover the sausage meat. When you come to the end, tuck in the remaining pastry. Carefully lift onto a baking tray and brush with beaten egg. Bake for 35 minutes, until no pink meat remains and the pastry is golden.
of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA)