Pea and ham soup - LightBites Meat - Morrisons Recipe
This protein packed pea and ham soup is full of fresh ingredients.
- 300g g dried peas
- 225g g carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 celery stalks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 litres vegetable or ham stock
- 1 x 300g g boneless cooked ham hock from the oven-fresh counter
- freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the peas overnight in a bowl covered with cold water. Drain well.
- Place the soaked peas in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and allow to bubble quite vigorously for 5 minutes, drain, then return to the pan with the carrot, celery stalks and stock. Trim any excess fat from the ham hock and add to the pan. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer over a very low heat for 2 hours. In this time the peas will soften and thicken the soup.
- Carefully lift the ham hock out and use two forks to shred the meat off the bone. Return the meat back to the pan and stir well. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper. Heat through for 5 minutes then serve with crusty bread.
of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA)