Red wine braised lamb shank with red wine sauce - Mains Meat - Morrisons Recipe
Tuck into this heart-warming meal of braised lamb shank and wash it down with a glass of full-bodied red wine.
- 4 lamb shanks
- 2 tbsptbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped 1 carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 lge glass Nederburg Shiraz Pinotage
- 2 litres lamb stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 150ºC/300ºF/Gas 4.
- Sear shanks in the olive oil over a medium heat for 10 mins, or until brown on all sides. Remove shanks and set aside.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the pan and cook until golden brown. Turn down the heat and add the red wine; reduce for 5 mins.
- Return the lamb to the pan, add the lamb stock and braise in the preheated oven for 4 hrs or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the lamb, cover with foil and allow to rest before serving.
- Reduce down the stock on the hob until you are left with a slightly thickened sauce (adding more red wine to taste).
- Drizzle the red wine sauce over the lamb and serve with seasonal vegetables and a glass of Nederburg Shiraz Pinotage.