Red cabbage with apple and raisin - SideDishes Vegetarian - Morrisons Recipe
Red cabbage with apple and raisins is a savoury-sweet winter warmer
- 1 red cabbage – about 675g
- 2 tbsptbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cooking apples, peeled cored and roughly chopped
- 75g raisins
- 4 tbsptbsp red wine vinegar
- 50g g muscovado sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground allspice or mixed spice
- Cut the red cabbage in half, discarding the outside leaves.
- Slice into 1cm slices, removing any tough stems and core.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion until tender, then add the cabbage, apples, raisins, vinegar, sugar and 4 tbsp water.
- Bring to the boil, then cover tightly and lower the heat so that the mixture just simmers.
- Cook for about 25 minutes until the red cabbage is tender and the apples have collapsed.
- Remove the lid and add the spices and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir well and serve.