Griddled beef skewers with a pesto dipping sauce - Mains Meat - Morrisons Recipe
Serve up these skewers in just 30 minutes. Smokey and delicious, your family will love sitting in the sunshine enjoying this juicy beef dish with an Italian twist.
- 700g g rump steak, cut into 3cm chunks
- 20mlml olive oil
- 50mlml red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsptsp dried oregano
- 1 tsptsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsptsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 2cm squares
- 4 baby courgettes, cut into thick slices
- Parmesan, to serve
- For the dipping sauce
- 25g g almonds, lightly toasted
- 50g g bag rocket
- 50g g watercress
- 15mlml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 25g g Parmesan, grated
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Place the meat into a zip-lock bag along with the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Close the bag tightly, removing any air pockets, and massage the meat with the mixture. Leave in the bag to marinate for 2-6 hours in the fridge.
- If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water first to prevent them from burning during cooking. When ready to cook, remove the meat from the bag and place on skewers with the vegetables.
- Heat a griddle pan or barbecue and griddle the skewers for about 7 minutes on each side, until cooked through and the vegetables have begun to char slightly. Once they are cooked, cover them with foil to keep them warm until needed.
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have a fine paste.
- Serve the skewers with a pot of the dipping sauce or spoon a little sauce over them. Shave a few extra shards of Parmesan over the skewers just before serving.
of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA)