Little salmon cakes - LightBites Fish - Morrisons Recipe
Nothing for dinner? Rustle up this tasty meal in no time
- 1 tbsptbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g g frozen peas
- 50g g frozen sweetcorn
- 500g g (leftover, cooked) mashed potato
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 213g g can pink salmon, drained and flaked
- 25g g plain flour
- 125g g breadcrumbs – made from 2-to-3-day-old white or wholemeal bread
- 2 eggs
- oil for shallow frying
- tartar sauce, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft but not brown. Add the peas and sweetcorn, cover and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, allow to cool.
- Place the mashed potato into a large mixing bowl and season to taste. Add the cooked vegetables and salmon and mix well.
- Form the mixture into 20 small, even-sized balls and lay out on a clean board or tray. Flatten slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Put the flour in a bowl, the breadcrumbs in another, and in a third beat the eggs together with 2 tbsp cold water.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Coat a fishcake in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs, making sure it's evenly coated. Place the fishcake in the frying pan and repeat for the others (you may need to cook them in batches).
- Gently fry the fishcakes over a medium heat for 3 minutes per side until golden. Drain onto absorbent kitchen paper and serve with tartar sauce and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA)