Toads with a twist - Starters Meat - Morrisons Recipe
- 300mlml milk
- 2 eggs
- 120g g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 8 thin sausages, cut in half
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsptbsp sunflower oil
- 200g g (leftover, cooked) carrots, cut into chunks
- 150g g (leftover, cooked) parsnips, cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Whisk the milk, eggs, flour, salt and herbs together until you have a smooth batter. Set aside.
- Arrange the sausages in a roasting tin with the red onion and 1 tbsp of oil, toss well and cook for 10 minutes. Add the carrots and parsnips.
- Brush 2 x 4-hole Yorkshire pudding trays with the remaining oil and add the veg and sausages. Put in the oven for 5 minutes so the trays are hot then pour over the batter, covering the sausages and veg.
- Cook for a further 20 minutes, until the batter is puffed up and golden.
of your Guideline Daily Amount (GDA)